Tuesday, August 25, 2009

End of Summer

The end of summer has come! So many lessons I've learned, new experiences I've had, and challenges that the Lord has brought me through.  I still have yet to process through it all, so for now I will just give a quick update...

I got the job at Mount Hermon!! I will be the Redwood Camp Host for the year, which means I will welcome guest groups that come every weekend and be there to support them during their stay.  During the weekend I will probably help with the food, any little needs that they have, and most importantly be there to build relationships and pray over their group as they are there.  I am soooo looking forward to this experience! It has been neat to see the Lord's faithfulness to me in providing this job after He asked me to quit at Biola.  I know He has brought me here and am looking forward to seeing what is in store.  From what I know, a typical week will be as follows: Wednesday-Spiritual formation day. I will get together with the rest of the interns and go through a spiritual formation type class. Thursday- prep for the guest group to come (put together any specific needs that they have and get the grounds ready for them).  Friday-Sunday-- be the host!! Sunday-Tuesday-- enjoy a few days off!

I have yet to move in anywhere, so right now my stuff is loaded in my car in Moraga as I am enjoying a little vacation up here in Washington with my mom.  I have quite the adventure ahead, so I thought it would be fun to update a bit as I am away.  I got to see my friend Linnell today before she is off to spain and tomorrow I get to see Alayna before she goes off to Tanzania.  We had dinner with my mom's sister's family and now are back in the hotel.  I best be off to bed, but here are a few pics from the end of the summer.




Graden and I (Men & Women's Staff)
My partner and huge blessing of the summer!!


Program Staff Women


My girls! All the girl Counselors and ME



my director Papa K  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment