In staff breakfast the speaker briefly mentioned something about celebrating the gift of life at the passing of a friend's funeral. I think that is a great perspective to appreciate those we love. But what if we can rejoice in the fact of the ultimate final dying of ALL of self?! We are called to die to ourselves daily and what a victory it is when Jesus has more and more of our hearts and there is less and less of us. It is a daily commitment and prayer to die to ourselves. What a glorious thing to celebrate that there is no longer that struggle and a final dying of self (for whoever our loved one is)! Not only do they get to be in the presence of God, but God is fully reigning in them without that battle of self and sinful nature that keeps us from Him. What victory He has over death!
+New favorite food: dates!! Especially on cheese and toast or in a quesadilla like today :)
-My toes are freezing. This happens a few times a month and they can't get warm. Maybe I have bad circulation or it depends on the food I eat. I have had a space heater on my toes for the last hour
+Work is amazing! God is continuing to paint a picture of His plan and purposes here at Mount Hermon and for me here. All staff breakfast was focused on the process we get to be apart of in the Lord's ministry
+Spontaneous house dinner tonight! Bible study we are learning more about Jesus' mom!
+Jesus is seated at the right hand of God! He is seated on the throne, in our hearts!! gaahh praise the Lord for His finished work who Was and IS and IS to come! The Beginning, End, Now, and Then!
+I got a letter in the mail today!
-I have a secret, spontaneous attraction to flaming hot cheetos. My brain dislikes them, my stomach enjoys them, my digestion detests them, my mouth is still deciding the battle of taste and fire.
+packet peach tea--delicious!
+I'm going to london in 9 days
+ - out of the country, then out of the country....such adventures to share!
Wow,
ReplyDeleteyour blog makes me want to write my own. Your second paragraph kicks butt. God asked me as I read it--"do you really believe my gospel goes to the deepest part of everyone?" I feel weak in my unbelief, but that is the death too! Why am I not speaking of this more--it's so true! :)
thanks for your thoughts, they were encouraging!
Sounds like you are having a good time. Are you coming home for Christmas???? If you are, I really want to see you and hang out and catch up. I'm coming home tomorrow and leave the 29th. Love you!
ReplyDeleteYEA!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU JOCE!
ReplyDelete